Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by nbrigdan Click here to enlarge
    I live about an hour from the mountains, it snows ~9 months of the year here typically. For example, last year we had ~50 cm (19.7") of snowfall in October, and this is in a string of years with far less snowfall than usual. In my opinion, driving here for around 10 years, AWD is a must have unless you're OK with just not making it to work some days.
    Yeah for you it sounds like AWD is worth it.
    If I were you I would get an S4/S5 or a used RS3 for sure...
    Cadillac V2 CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

Honda S2000 AP1 - White on red - 9000rpm vtec bruh

Porsche 991.1 PDK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by subaru335i Click here to enlarge
    Yeah for you it sounds like AWD is worth it.
    If I were you I would get an S4/S5 or a used RS3 for sure...
    The only problem with the S4 is weight. If you don’t need the extra 11”, the S3 is 400lbs lighter. And definitely agree on the RS3. No brainer if it fits your budget.

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2444 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Yeah...but you live in California...Glass houses and all, you know the deal. Click here to enlarge

No laws against mods, fully catless exhausts, laser interceptors and radar detectors, so we win some and we lose some.
    True.

I suppose we do have awesome weather and really hot chicks. Sucks the state is insane with lib policies but hey you take the good with the bad.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Not sure if you’ve purchased anything yet, but I got a run in this morning at a reasonable (for me Click here to enlarge) DA. Super pleased with the S3:

https://www.audiboost.com/showthread...098#post828098

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    Not sure if you’ve purchased anything yet, but I got a run in this morning at a reasonable (for me Click here to enlarge) DA. Super pleased with the S3:

https://www.audiboost.com/showthread...098#post828098

-Rich
    I've decided on the S3! Just waiting to find the right one. Hoping one in nano grey comes up...

Great numbers, 4.7 0-60 completely stock is pretty stout. I plan on probably doing APR Stage I (93 octane) and then after the warranty is up going to TTE535 or 475.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Sweet! And TTE Click here to enlarge

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    I've decided on the S3! Just waiting to find the right one. Hoping one in nano grey comes up...

Great numbers, 4.7 0-60 completely stock is pretty stout. I plan on probably doing APR Stage I (93 octane) and then after the warranty is up going to TTE535 or 475.
    I feel like S3 I would rather save the money and get the Golf R.
    RS3 is for sure worth the extra money.

What does the S3 have that the golf R doesn’t? Personally I think the R looks better because hatch. I just really don’t like the S3 sedan look.
    Cadillac V2 CTS-V - 6MT - Lingenfelter upper pulley, Airaid CF Intake, Magnaflow exhaust, fluidyne H/X

Honda S2000 AP1 - White on red - 9000rpm vtec bruh

Porsche 991.1 PDK

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

What does the S3 have that the golf R doesn’t? Personally I think the R looks better because hatch. I just really don’t like the S3 sedan look.
    To each their own. I liked the R, but felt the S3 was significantly better looking. I think the 8V is the best application of Audi’s latest design style - proportions are spot-on. Gorgeous from about every angle. In general, I also prefer the lines of a sedan versus a hatch. The R looks great, but the S3 is more elegant IMO. I also prefer the Audi’s interior. In the end though, can’t got wrong with either!

-Rich

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Essentially I would say I agree with Rich's view on the matter. I wouldn't mind saving ~6k by getting the Golf R but my better half disavows it as a child's car so S3 it is Click here to enlarge

Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by richpike Click here to enlarge
    To each their own. I liked the R, but felt the S3 was significantly better looking. I think the 8V is the best application of Audi’s latest design style - proportions are spot-on. Gorgeous from about every angle. In general, I also prefer the lines of a sedan versus a hatch. The R looks great, but the S3 is more elegant IMO. I also prefer the Audi’s interior. In the end though, can’t got wrong with either!

-Rich
    The only thing I have left to decide is 6 speed vs 7 speed DSG. Not sure if there's much of a difference or if it's worth paying the premium for a 2018 to get the 7 speed box. Any input?

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    The only thing I have left to decide is 6 speed vs 7 speed DSG. Not sure if there's much of a difference or if it's worth paying the premium for a 2018 to get the 7 speed box. Any input?
    I looked at both and if you’ll be doing any highway driving the 7-speed’s lower RPM is worth it. It’s also faster. And the DQ381 holds more torque for when you go TTE.

-Rich

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12